Explore a career in health care.
Medical Explorers is a program offered by Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital to young men and women in grades 10th – 12th with an interest in learning more about careers in the health care field.
Monthly Programs Include:
- Virtual meetings where you will listen to doctors, nurses and other health care professionals speak about their jobs
Medical Explorers will meet virtually on the second Wednesday of every month during the school year from 4:30-5:30 p.m. The first meeting will be October 13th.
Medical Explorer Requirements
- Must be in grades 10th-12th
- Dues of $35
- Pay online during application process
- Dues waived with proof of free/reduced lunch program (COUPON CODE FROM ACHVOLUNTEERS@JHMI.EDU REQUIRED PRIOR TO APPLYING).
- Must be able to commit to attending monthly meetings
- Parent/legal guardian permission form must be signed
How to Apply
The application period for the 2021-2022 program will open at midnight on AUGUST 23rd and stay open until all slots are filled. Applications are accepted on a first come, first serve basis. An essay and letter of recommendation are NOT required at this time.
If you have any questions, please contact Volunteer Resources at 727-767-4254