How to Apply
We are interested in meeting medical students pursuing a career in pediatrics who are committed to innovation, have a strong desire to drive change, possess a growth mindset and demonstrate professional accountability, resiliency and problem solving.
Residency program applications will be accepted and reviewed only via ERAS (Electronic Residency Application Service) and interns are selected through the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP). We will not consider applicants who graduated from medical school more than 5 years ago.
We will begin reviewing applications October 21, 2020 and applications will continue to be accepted until December 20th, however candidates are urged to complete their applications in October. The ERAS website can be accessed at www.aamc.org/services/eras/.
Interviews are offered after review of the following application materials:
- Completion of ERAS application for a first year general pediatrics position
- Personal statement
- Medical school transcripts
- Medical Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE) formerly known as the Dean’s Letter
- Three letters of recommendation (LoR) from supervising faculty who know you well and can comment in depth on your clinical work, achievement, leadership, personal qualities, and project contributions. At least one LoR should be from a pediatric faculty member.
- USMLE Scores (Steps I and II, when available)
- ECFMG certification, if pertinent (please see FAQs for further details)
Our Virtual Interview Experience:
Once your application is reviewed, all applicants will be notified by email through ERAS whether they have been offered an interview or not. Please be reassured that we offer interview invitations to the number of interview slots available and we will wait 72 hours for your response prior to offering additional interview invitations. Interviews are otherwise scheduled on a first come, first served basis.
- There will be a virtual happy hour with the residents the night before your virtual interview.
- Interviews will be virtual through Zoom on select days in November 2020, December 2020 and January 2021
- We will be offering both morning and afternoon interview sessions in order to accommodate for different time zones and schedules.
- The interview day will consist of a welcome, interviews with faculty, meet & greet session with the residents and attending noon conference.