From study conception through development of a completed protocol
Researchers conducting human subjects research at JHACH or in collaboration with any JHU Affiliated / Integrated sites agree to follow JHAC Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
and JHM IRB Policies and Guidelines
When a protocol is sponsored by an external sponsor (e.g. pharmaceutical company, consortium, etc.) the development stage is conducted by the sponsor and does not occur at JHACH.
When a protocol is investigator-initiated and developed, several JHACH resources and support services may be accessed during this phase.
- Clinical Research Coordination and Clinical Research Nursing: available for consult on efforts and skillsets available for support with patient screening, enrollment, research-based procedures, specimen collection and data collection, as delegated responsibilities from the principal investigator
- Biospecimen Processing and Storage: available for consult on biospecimen processing and storage needs and associated efforts, capabilities, and facilities available
- Clinical Data Extract Team: able to access available clinical data
- Database Design & Data Management: available for consult and collaboration on data collection needs and design of tools
- Machine Learning & Predictive Analytics: available for consult on use of predictive analytics on current and historical data
- Research & Grants Administration: available to help with identifying funding opportunities, budget development, and grant and proposal development
More information on the above centralized support groups may be accessed via the following links:
For Johns Hopkins employees only:
Prospective cohort study and Phase 3 trial design consultation: JHAC ICTR leaders are available during consultation office hours. Email Deborah Martino to request an appointment with Neil Goldenberg, M.D., Ph.D. and Ernest Amankwah, Ph.D.
Phase 1 and Phase 2 trial design consultation: JHAC ICTR Center for Pediatric Early Phase Trials leaders are available during consultation office. Email Laurel McDevitt to request an appointment with Jonathan Metts, M.D. and Ernest Amankwah, Ph.D.
Studies involving biospecimen collection and storage: JHAC Pediatric Biorepository leaders are available for consultation, request an appointment with Billy Schleif, M.S., Manager, JHAC Pediatric Biorepository.
Step 2: Submission & Review
From submission through approval by all applicable internal and external committees.
Got to next step