For more information about our services, pricing and how we can assist with your work, please call us at 443-287-7671 or contact us online.
Rigorous sample preparation is critical for successful metabolomics studies, both to protect the integrity of the biological sample as well as to achieve maximum performance of our LC-MS/MS and GC-MS/MS instrumentation.
The Molecular Determinants Core offers a variety of optimized protocols adapted to a wide range of samples such as biofluids (plasma, serum, urine, CSF, saliva, milk) tissues or cell cultures:
- Automated 96-well plate-based protocols
- Manual and supported liquid-liquid extractions
- Tissue cryo-pulverization
We can also customize our protocols specifically to your samples. Please contact us early, with any questions you might have before starting a study or sample collection, so that we can provide guidance and protocols on how to best collect and preserve samples.
The Molecular Determinants Core maintains multiple cutting-edge separation and analytical platforms including multiple mass spectrometry (MS) systems coupled to gas chromatography (GC) or liquid chromatography (LC) systems.
The Molecular Determinants Core offers various targeted profiling and quantitative LC-MS/MS and GC-MS/MS analysis:
Wide range of chemical classes
- Amino acids & derivatives including small peptides
- Bile acids
- Purine & Pyrimidine metabolites
- Fatty Acids and metabolites
- Coenzymes & water-soluble vitamins
- Acyl carnitines
- Biogenic amines
- Organic acids
- Sugars & derivatives
- Choline & metabolites
- Catecholamines & metabolites
- Alkaloids & flavonoids…
Covering a wide range of biological pathways:
- Pyrimidine & purine Biosynthesis
- TCA Cycle
- Pentose Phosphate Pathway
- Heme catabolism
- NAD metabolism
- Glycolysis Pathway
- Mevalonate Pathway
- Carnitine Biosynthesis
- Tryptophan/Kynurenine pathway
- Oxidative Stress Biomarkers
- Methionine Cycle…
- Estrogens (C18 steroids)
- Progestagens (C21 steroids)
- Androgens (C19 steroids)
- Linear and branched fatty acids with under 6 carbons.
Data quality is critical in metabolomics. Extensive data QC analysis is performed for every project to ensure data quality and integrity.
The Molecular Determinants Core has high-throughput sample preparation capacities to process a large number of samples and increase reproducibly, and has implemented multiple normalization strategies to ensure the best quality of your data:
- Heavy standards spiked at different stages of the process
- QC POOL for intra and inter batch normalization
- Osmolarity measurements for urine & saliva normalization
Rigorous data analysis is essential to the validity of metabolomics studies. Our team of metabolomics experts is here to help with the data processing and statistical analysis:
- Preprocess and Normalization
- Univariate Analysis
- Multivariate Analysis
- Clustering Analysis
- Classification and Feature Selection