Ingredients for fritters:
3 cups finely shredded cabbage (sometimes called angel hair)
1 cup finely grated, peeled sweet potato
1 packed cup finely chopped kale
3-4 green onions, sliced
1 clove garlic, minced about ½”
1” fresh ginger, peeled and minced
¼ cup flour
½ tsp. salt
Canola oil for frying
Ingredients for sauce:
1 T. hoisin
1 T. soy sauce
1. When all the vegetables are prepped, turn the skillet on to medium.
2. Mix the first six ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
3. Sprinkle the flour and salt over the vegetable and toss well with your hands.
4. Whisk the eggs until well blended and pour over the veggies. Mix with your hands or tongs.
5. Put 2 tsp. oil in the skillet. Using a ¼ cup measuring cup, drop mounds of batter in the skillet, about 2” apart. Cook for 2-3 minutes until nicely browned before flipping. Press down on the browned side and continue to cook another 2-3 on the second side. Repeat until all the mixture is used.
6. Meanwhile, mix the sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Serve the sauce on the side.