6 Bosc pears or other firm pears
½ cup dried cherries
¼ cup brown sugar
¼ cup maple syrup 1/8 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
½ tsp. ground ginger
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 tsp sugar
6 candied ginger slices
1. Peel and core the pears and cut into ½ inch cubes.
2. Put the pears in a saucepan with the next 6 ingredients and cook on medium until the mixture begins to simmer. Reduce the heat to medium low and continue to simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Spoon the fruit into 6 serving dishes and cool to room temperature, then refrigerate until cold.
4. Meanwhile, whip the cream with the teaspoon of sugar to soft peaks. Cut the ginger slices into slivers.
5. Before serving, dollop the cream evenly over the six servings of fruit and top with the slivered ginger.