2 cans of chunk light tuna, drained
1 small carrot, grated
2 green onions
1 stalk of celery, diced
1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
1 clove of garlic minced
½ cup chopped parsley
2 T. sweet pickle relish (or diced sweet pickle)
¼ tsp. salt
Pinch of pepper
1/3 cup light mayo
1½ ripe avocados
6 Campari tomatoes, sliced
6 slices of Monterey jack cheese
6 slices of whole grain bread
1. Put the first 9 ingredients in a bowl and use a fork to break up the tuna and mix all the ingredients well.
2. Add the mayo and mix evenly.
3. Preheat the oven to 400°.
4. Spread each slice of bread with a quarter of an avocado and place the tomato slices on top of the avocado.
5. Spread the tuna salad evenly over the tomatoes, then top each sandwich with a slice of cheese.
6. Put the sandwiches on a sheet pan and place in the oven 3-4 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the bread is toasted on the bottom.