We practice with skill, evidence-based knowledge and compassion while keeping patients, their families and our community at the center of all we do.
The Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital nursing mission is to be leaders in patient-centered care, advocacy and compassion. Each patient has unique needs and our nurses are committed to providing every family with high-quality, evidence-based and safe patient care.
Our registered nurses are encouraged to explore professional development opportunities and actively participate in shared governance to enhance clinical practice through the use of evidence, research and an unwavering commitment to safety and quality.
Nursing Strategic Plan
In September 2015, our nurses created a five-year strategic plan in collaboration with our shared governance teams and nursing leadership cabinet that consists of inspirational patient care possibilities that align with the hospital's overall strategic plan. The plan also defines the contribution of nursing to the overall goals of the organization. To guide our progress and success, each goal has multiple strategies, tactics and metrics. This plan has and continues to set the nursing vision for the years 2015-2019 and is regularly evaluated by the shared governance coordinating council and the nursing leadership team.
The nursing strategic plan includes:
- Increasing our nursing specialty certification by providing resources and review courses for our clinical nursing staff
- Partnering with a local nursing college to offer an on-site R.N.-to-B.S.N. program for our nurses who want to earn a B.S.N. or higher, pushing us toward our goal of 80 percent of nurses practicing with a B.S.N. or higher degree
- Creating a staffing model and opening an intermediate care unit that ensures the right patient is being cared for in the right clinical setting with the right clinical care team
- Optimizing our current technology and implementing new technology to better understand the staffing needs of our patients
- Facilitating transition-to-practice for new graduate R.N.s, experienced R.N.s seeking specialty practice experience and new advanced practice registered nurses