Learn more about our services in North Port and Bradenton for expectant mothers with high-risk pregnancies
Expectant mothers with high-risk pregnancies can receive expert prenatal care they need closer to home. Our maternal-fetal medicine specialists provide diagnostic services and consults at our North Port Outpatient Care Center and in Bradenton.
We work directly with your OB throughout your pregnancy to help support you and your baby’s health and development.
Contact Us at Outpatient Care, North Port
2345 Bobcat Village Center Road
North Port, FL 34288
Call 727-767-7903 to make an appointment.
Our team also provides these services in Bradenton, with appointments available on Fridays. Our Bradenton location is located at:
5323 4th Ave. Circle E
Bradenton, FL 34208
Call 727-767-7903 to make an appointment in Bradenton.
Maternal-Fetal Medicine Services
We provide a range of diagnostic services including:
- Amniocentesis: A procedure to obtain genetic information about a developing fetus by collecting a sample of amniotic fluid.
- Combined First-Trimester Nuchal Translucency Screening: A noninvasive fetal screening test for Down syndrome and trisomies 13 and 18.
- Chorionic villus sampling: A procedure to test for certain genetic abnormalities in a developing fetus.
- Doppler ultrasound: An imaging procedure that measures blood flow in different parts of your fetus’ body.
- Fetal echocardiography: An ultrasound used to take images of the fetus’ heart.
- 3-D and 4-D digital ultrasound: Imaging procedures that scan for abnormalities and provide information on fetal anatomy and growth.
We see expectant mothers for a variety of reasons. You may be referred to a maternal-fetal medicine specialist if you have:
- Heart conditions
- Risk for premature birth
- Thyroid disorders
- Uterine anomalies
Fetal conditions that may necessitate an evaluation from a maternal-fetal medicine specialist can include:
- Congenital defects
- Congenital heart disease
- Congenital diaphragmatic hernia
- Genetic syndromes
- Multiple gestation
- Spina bifida
Multiple Specialists at Outpatient Care, North Port
In addition to maternal-fetal medicine, several other specialists see patients at the North Port Outpatient Care Center. Depending on your child’s needs after birth, care they need may be available in our North Port location. Other specialties at Outpatient Care, North Port include cardiology
, endocrinology and diabetes, pulmonology, and neurology.
Meet Our Team
Karen Raimer, M.D., sees patients at our Outpatient Care, North Port location.
Our entire maternal-fetal medicine team sees patients at the Bradenton location. Learn more about our expert physician team.
The Maternal, Fetal & Neonatal Institute at Johns Hopkins All Children’s
Our program is part of the Maternal, Fetal & Neonatal Institute, supporting healthy moms, babies and families by providing advanced specialized care before, during and after delivery. Learn more about all our programs.