The Family Resource Center Library is where patient families can go to find information about their child's health condition.
Information Resources for Infant, Child and Teen Health
The Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital Family Resource Center Library is the place where our patient families can find reliable information about their child's health condition. Our caring professional Medical Librarian is here to listen and help you find educational information about health conditions and locate resources available in the community.
- Expert online research assistance
- Customized information packets for health conditions
- Information about child development, safety and well-being
- Use of the Library's print and electronic collections
- Use of the Online Library Catalog and lending collection of books for patient families
- Locate Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital and community resources
- Interactive activities for children, teens and adults
- Computers with Internet and printer access
- Photocopying and faxing
- Universal cell phone and tablet chargers
- Print and electronic books (e-books) about health conditions, parenting and behavior
- Online health databases (Patient Education Reference Center, MedlinePlus, etc.) in English, Spanish and other languages
- Health-related magazines
- Anatomy models and posters
- Media room with access to GetWellNetwork® (patient education and entertainment system), Blu-ray/DVD player and videos
- Quiet areas to relax and unwind
Recreational Reading Section - Donated by Hospital Employees for Our Families
- Complimentary adult, teen and children's popular fiction and non-fiction books
- Popular adult, teen and children's magazines
- Coloring and activity books
Programs and Events
- Paws to Read literacy program with a pet therapy dog during Patient Academics tutoring session. Tuesdays from 3-5 p.m.
- Guest author visits
- Science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) activities
Library Hours and Location
Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Second Floor Outpatient Care Center
601 Fifth Street South
St. Petersburg, FL 33701