Prep time: 10 minutes
What you need:
- 1 medium sweet potato (about 5 in. long and 3 in. wide)
- 1/2 tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. chopped pecans
What to do:
- Wash and dry the sweet potato, and prick the center of it a couple of times with a fork.
- Microwave the sweet potato for 6 minutes, or until soft.
- While the potato is in the microwave, mix together in a small bowl the maple syrup, cinnamon, and pecans.
- When the potato is finished cooking, let it cool a little until it's comfortable to touch, and then cut a slit down the center of it.
- Pour the maple syrup and pecan mixture inside of the potato and enjoy.
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
- 240 calories
- 3g protein
- 10g fat
- 1g sat. fat
- 37g carbohydrate
- 7g fiber
- 0mg cholesterol
- 75mg sodium
- 13g sugars
Serving size: 1 sweet potato
This recipe has important nutrients for mom and baby, including:
Vitamin A helps develop a baby's heart, eyes, and immune system. Good sources of vitamin A include milk, orange fruits and vegetables (such as cantaloupe, carrots, and sweet potatoes), and dark leafy greens. Prenatal vitamins should not contain more than 1,500 micrograms (5,000 IU) of vitamin A and pregnant women should not take vitamin A supplements. Both too little and too much vitamin A can harm a developing fetus.