Healthy snacks are packed with nutrition. They give your child the right balance of fiber and protein. You can make an easy, healthy snack by pairing two foods from the 5 food groups (fruits, vegetables, grains, protein, dairy).
Follow these simple steps:
Step 1: Start with a food that’s high in fiber.
Fiber helps your child feel full.
- a fruit (any kind your child enjoys)
- a vegetable (for example, crunchy sliced cucumber, carrots, bell peppers)
- a grain (for example, whole-grain breads, wraps, cereal, crackers)
Step 2: Serve it with a food that’s full of protein.
Protein helps build bones and muscles. And it gives your child energy.
- protein (such as peanut butter, eggs, nuts, seeds)
- dairy (such as milk, low-fat yogurt, cheese)
Easy and Healthy Snacks
Try some of these favorites.