Nomination form for DAISY Nurse Leader Award
The Daisy Nurse Leader Award is given quarterly to an extraordinary nurse leader at Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital. An extraordinary nurse leader must have these traits:
- Role model for compassion and exemplary practice
- Role models behavior perceived as extraordinary
- Creates an environment that fosters care & compassion
- Creates an environment where attributes of trust, compassion, mutual respect, continued professional development and ethical behavior are modeled and supported
- Motivates staff with a shared vision and enthusiasm to achieve better outcomes for themselves and for their patients
- Is a mentor to staff
- Accessible, available and responsive to the needs of others, encouraging critical thinking and problem-solving for individuals and with the context of teams
- Promotes and enhances the image of nursing within the organization, the community and the profession
If you have a Nurse Leader you would like to nominate, please describe the impact they have on their staff and the patient care they manage using the criteria below. Please provide as much detail as possible to help the DAISY Committee in its selection.
Your submission may be edited for length, content and to protect patient privacy.