The Family Resource Center Library at Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital provides patients and families with reliable health care resources for infants, children and young adults.
Our Family Resource Center Library offers patients and their families information about health conditions, including topics such as child development, safety and well-being. Our staff includes a consumer health librarian who can help find educational information within our library and locate health care resources available in the community.
Services and Resources
Our library offers patients and families a wide range of services and resources, including:
- Anatomy models and posters
- Computers with Internet and printer access
- Customized information packets for health conditions
- Expert online research assistance
- Health-related magazines
- Hospital and community resources
- Media room with access to GetWellNetwork® (patient education and entertainment system), Blu-ray/DVD player and videos
- Online health databases (Patient Education Reference Center, MedlinePlus, etc.) in English, Spanish and other languages
- Photocopying and faxing
- Print and electronic books (e-books) about health conditions, parenting and behavior
- Quiet areas to relax and unwind
- Recreational reading section: adult, teen and children's popular fiction and non-fiction books, magazines and coloring and activity books
- Universal cell phone and tablet chargers
- Use of the library's print and electronic collections
- Use of the Online Library Catalog and lending collection of books for inpatient families
Programs and Events
Our library hosts a variety of programs and events, including:
- Paws to Read literacy program with a pet therapy dog, Tuesdays from 3-5 p.m.
- Science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) activities
- Patient Academics Tutoring Lab providing free tutoring to patients and siblings
- Infant car seat safety class every Wednesday
For more information about the Family Resource Center Library, please call 727-767-3880 or email ACH-FamResLibrary@jhmi.edu.
Hours: Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. —5:30 p.m.
Family Resource Center Library
Second Floor Outpatient Care Center
601 Fifth Street S.
St. Petersburg, FL 33701