The Spiritual Care and Chaplaincy program at Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital offers spiritual and chaplaincy support to patients and their families while honoring all religious beliefs and traditions.
Spiritual care can be a source of hope, strength and encouragement in a patient’s and family’s life. The Johns Hopkins All Children’s spiritual care team is dedicated to providing all patients and their families with the spiritual and emotional support they need.
Our chaplains offer a variety of services, including:
- Encouragement around a time of concern or crisis
- Prayer and conversation with patients and families
- Arrangement of rites and rituals of a patient/family’s faith
- Bereavement support
- Discussion of any concerns during a hospital stay
- Helping patient/families understand an illness
- Providing Sabbath candles, prayer rugs, books, a Bible or other religious, spiritual, devotional or inspirational items
- Helping families explore medical ethical issues
Patients and family members can request an ethics consult with the hospital's Advisory Committee on Human Values & Ethics by contacting ext. 72445 or 727-767-2445 and leaving a message.
Prayer and Worship Services
Our Spiritual Care team offers a weekly service in our chapel, located on the first floor of our hospital near the gift shop:
- Worship service at 4 p.m. every Sunday
For more information about our spiritual care and chaplaincy services, please contact us at 727-767-4258 or email@example.com. You can also ask your nurse for a chaplain.
Our team is available seven days a week:
- Saturday and Sunday, 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Monday-Friday, 7 a.m.-8:30 p.m.
Chaplains are on call 24 hours for urgent and/or emergency needs. Please contact your nurse if you need a chaplain during non-scheduled hours.