We offer non-medicine pain therapies that can be used as part of your child’s treatment plan to help reduce pain.
In addition to pain medications, we use alternatives to medications to help your child with pain and stress. These complementary therapies can be used alone or with medicine, depending on your child's needs.
Our non-medicine pain therapies include:
- Activities like imaginative play and everyday routines, which give kids a chance to focus on things other than pain and discomfort.
- Aromatherapy using the essential oils of certain plants to promote relaxation and healing.
- Biofeedback, an assisted relaxation training technique that teaches child to monitor and reduce pain.
- Breathing techniques to help children relax and provide distraction from pain.
- Guided imagery—using visual images, music and positive thinking—to reduce pain and promote relaxation and healing.
- We created videos for our patients, parents and staff to help them relax or cope during difficult times:
- Infant/pediatric massage designed especially for infants and young children to help relax and comfort babies.
- Micro-current point stimulation, which uses ultrasound stimulation of nerves and muscle to help prevent and control pain.
- Music therapy to help children express moods and feelings, relax, and focus on something besides pain.
- Pet therapy.
- Physical therapy using methods like heat or cold therapy.
- TENS (transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation), which uses stimulation of the skin to relieve pain by interfering with nerve signals.
- Therapeutic touch to help children relax and reduce anxiety.
Questions? Give us a call
We want to answer your questions. For more information, call us today.
Send us an email
We're ready to work with you to explain options and discuss ways to support your child's care.