Recognized as a Top 50 Children's Cancer Program by U.S. News & World Report 2020-2021
At the Johns Hopkins All Children’s Cancer & Blood Disorders Institute in St. Petersburg, Florida, we’re dedicated to treating children with both rare and common cancers and blood disorders. As one of the first cancer facilities in Florida specifically for children, we have decades of experience treating these complex conditions.
We understand how difficult it is for families dealing with a diagnosis of cancer or blood disorder. Our compassionate team is here to support your child throughout every step of their treatment.
Our hematology and oncology experts specialize in treating children, teens and young adults, using the latest advances and most innovative therapies. If your child needs treatment for cancer or a blood disorder, we are here for you.
Why Choose Us for Cancer and Blood Disorders Treatment?
We are the only pediatric cancer program in Florida ranked in 2020-21 by U.S. News & World Report. When your child comes to Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital for cancer or blood disorder treatment, you can expect:
- Expert team: Our hematologists and oncologists are all experts in their fields. They work closely with the hospital’s other specialists to create a treatment plan customized for each patient.
- Whole-child approach to care: We understand the complex physical and emotional needs of children with cancer or blood disorders. Your child’s treatment team includes social workers, psychologists, Child Life specialists and other experts. Together, they address your child’s needs throughout treatment.
- Innovative treatments: Thanks to treatment advances, many childhood cancers are now curable. We offer leading-edge therapies for all types of cancer and blood disorders such as sickle cell disease and hemophilia. We offer expertise in bone marrow transplant techniques that improve outcomes for children with leukemia and lymphoma. We were also the first children’s hospital in Florida certified to offer CAR T-cell therapy. This immunotherapy is a lifesaving treatment for children with acute lymphoblastic leukemia or lymphoma.
- Access to clinical trials: We’re an accredited member of the Children’s Oncology Group. This allows us to participate in cooperative clinical trials and research with other hospitals to improve patient outcomes. We’re also a member of Johns Hopkins Medicine, which is based in Baltimore. This relationship gives our patients access to all of Johns Hopkins’ research studies and trials without leaving Florida.
About the Cancer & Blood Disorders Institute
We offer comprehensive care for children, teens and young adults with all types of cancer and blood disorders. Learn more about us:
To find out more about our Cancer & Blood Disorders Institute, call us at 727-767-4176. We serve families throughout the greater Tampa Bay area and beyond.
Ready. Set. Go.
We’re ready to care for your kids. When you bring your child to us for care, you’ll find enhanced measures in place for your family’s health and wellbeing. Learn more
Watch and be inspired by Avalynn's story:
Two-year-old Avalynn was an active toddler until one day, a small fall eventually unveiled a larger health issue. Her parents share their story of finding a diagnosis that led them to Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital for treatment. With the help of a care team, who became an extension of their family, Avalynn is now an active, energetic preschooler.
Your Guide To Care
Prepare for your child’s appointment at The Johns Hopkins All Children's Cancer & Blood Disorders Institute with our Guide to Care. The guide can help you:
- Find tips on how to communicate with family and siblings
- Keep track of appointment dates and medications