Pediatric gastroenterologist Sara Karjoo, M.D. leads a clinic at Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital for patients with liver disease. The goal is to improve the care of children with liver disease, and help families receive advanced care. The clinic is taking care of patients with:
- Viral hepatitis (including hepatitis C and hepatitis B)
- Autoimmune liver disease
- Wilson's disease
- Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease
- Metabolic liver diseases
- CF-related liver disease
- Alpha 1 anti-trypsin deficiency
- Alagille syndrome,
- Biliary atresia
- Primary sclerosing cholangitis
- Progressive familial intrahepatic cholestasis
- Non-specific elevated liver enzymes
- Post-transplant care.
Patients are seen at Johns Hopkins All Children's main campus in St. Petersburg and at Johns Hopkins All Children's Outpatient Care, Sarasota. Please call the clinic office at 727-822-4300 with questions or to schedule an appointment.