Recognized as a Top 50 Neurology and Neurosurgery Program by U.S. News & World Report 2020-2021
The Johns Hopkins All Children's pediatric neurology team is not accepting new patients at this time. Please contact your insurance provider to find alternative neurologists in your network.
If you are a current patient of our pediatric neurology program, use the information and resources below to help prepare for your appointment.
Our pediatric neurosurgery team is currently accepting new patients. Learn more about our neurosurgery program and services.
What you can expect
We treat your child and your family as part of our own. We understand this can be a very difficult and scary time for the entire family. From your child’s initial diagnosis through long-term follow-up care, we pledge to provide compassionate, comprehensive support to the entire family. We offer:
- A talented team of specialists, including a board-certified pediatric neurologist, neurosurgeons, epilepsy specialists, psychiatrists, developmental medicine specialists, concussion specialists and more, all at one convenient location
- State-of-the-art technology, including minimally invasive robotic-assisted stereotactic electroencephalogram (EEG) to identify the source of seizures in children with epilepsy and robotic epilepsy monitoring
- Botox injection therapy to reduce spasticity (tight, stiff muscles that make movement difficult or uncontrollable) and headaches in children with certain medical conditions
- Our ketogenic clinic is staffed with an experienced epileptologist and dietitian to provide guidance and education to patients and their families dealing with refractory seizures
Conditions we treat include
- Epilepsy Care, including both surgical and nonsurgical options
- New onset seizures
- Muscular dystrophy
- Sleep medicine
- Movement disorders
The Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital neurology program also draws upon the valuable expertise of Johns Hopkins All Children’s pediatric radiology and diagnostic imaging services, including MRI and neuroradiology.
As members of the Johns Hopkins All Children’s Institute for Brain Protection Sciences, our team works closely with the pediatric neurosurgeons and neuroimaging, neuro-oncology and neuropathology specialists.
Getting ready for your child’s appointment:
Before your child’s appointment, we will ask you to help us obtain your previous evaluations, including written records, MRIs of the brain and EEG studies (usually on disks).
Our evaluation includes an initial appointment where a member of the IBPS team will examine the child and go over your child's history. They will then personally review the MRI of the brain and EEGs provided and decide if further evaluation is necessary.
Generally further evaluations can be performed at Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital.
Depending on the reason for your child’s visit, if your child has not had an EEG prior, we may coordinate your first appointment to have an EEG performed before your visit with the neurologist.
Give us a call
Our team is happy to assist you with your questions and provide you with more information.
Send us an email
We're ready to work with you to discuss ways to support your child's care.