Our Pediatric Neuro-Oncology Program at Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital provides a multidisciplinary team approach to infants, children, adolescents, and young adults with brain and spinal cord tumors to provide state-of-the-art and compassionate medical care.
The Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital Pediatric Neuro-Oncology Program consists of neuro-oncologists, neurosurgeons, neuropathologists, neuroradiologists, neurologists and radiation oncologists. These individuals work as a team to coordinate the best plan of care for patients with central nervous system tumors. We offer quality, ultra-specialized medical care at every step of the journey including high-tech neuro-imaging, complex brain and spinal tumor surgery, and coordination of other services.
Our neuro-oncology team works hard to preserve all motor abilities, vision, hearing and cognitive functioning. We participate in precision and individualized medicine to discover genetic and molecular aspects of central nervous system tumors to tailor treatment and chemotherapy protocols for each patient. We offer experimental research clinical trials when appropriate.
Last, but not least, we have a team of social workers, child life specialists, chaplains, and a symptom control/palliative care team to assist as needed.
- Treatment with chemotherapy, including participation in Phase 1 studies
- Radiation therapy in collaboration with AdventHealth Tampa and UF Proton Therapy Centers in Orlando and Jacksonville
- Blood and marrow transplantation
- Outpatient clinic and infusion center
- Dedicated inpatient oncology unit
- Advanced diagnostic radiology and nuclear medicine testing including MRI, PET, GFR
- Neuropsychological testing
- Occupational, physical, speech and feeding therapies
- Social work
- Case management
- Child life
- Palliative care
- Pastoral care
- End of life care in collaboration with Hospice
Give us a call
We know that you want the best possible care for your child. Our team is happy to assist you with your questions.
Our team of specialists
Our team consists of neuro-oncologists, neurosurgeons, neuropathologists, neuroradiologists, neurologists and radiation oncologists..