International patient families have access to many resources, including language interpretation services, spiritual care and more.
As a specialty children’s hospital, Johns Hopkins All Children’s offers a variety of services to help your child understand and adapt to the hospital stay. Your dedicated care coordinator will help you access the services you and your family need to make your stay as comfortable as possible.
Among the services provided by the team at Johns Hopkins All Children’s:
Before Your Child’s Visit
- Review of your child’s medical records by the appropriate Johns Hopkins All Children’s medical specialist(s)
- Efficient appointment scheduling with the pediatric specialist(s) that meet your child’s needs
- Financial information, estimates and insurance verification
- Assistance with recommendations in selecting hotel, transportation and other accommodations
- Comprehensive visit itinerary and personalized guide to Johns Hopkins All Children’s
During Your Child’s Visit
- Personal escort to all of your child’s medical appointments
- Interpretation services
- Discharge planning and coordination
- In-person education and emotional support for your family
After Your Child’s Visit
- Assistance with medical records and prescriptions
- Future appointment scheduling
- Consolidated final bill
- Convenient payment methods, including credit cards, certified check, cash (only in person) and wire transfer
- Continuous post-care support
When your child and family are ready to return home, we will supply detailed instructions, including follow-up plans.
Qualified interpreters for languages other than English are available for our patients and their families. Language assistance is offered via video, telephone and live interpreters.
Parents are permitted to stay with the patient, including overnight. Siblings, friends and family members are welcome to come during visiting hours but will not be allowed to stay overnight.
Visiting hours can vary depending on the unit. Please ask about specific hours and restrictions in the unit where your child is staying.
Child Life specialists at Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital use developmental, educational and therapeutic interventions and play to help patients and their families cope with illness, injury, treatment and hospitalization. Our team works closely with families and health care staff to support each child’s physical and emotional needs during their medical experience.
The Spiritual Care team can provide support while honoring your family’s religious traditions. If you would like, we can ask a religious leader of your choice to visit you at the hospital. Our team also includes several chaplains who offer assistance, such as providing a listening ear and reflective conversation, discussing concerns during your child’s hospital stay, and providing items such as prayer rugs, books, a Bible, or other religious, spiritual, devotional or inspirational items depending on your family’s needs and preferences. Our international care coordinators can assist in connecting you with the Spiritual Care team.