Comprehensive Obstetrics and Gynecology (OB-GYN) Services
We offer a wide range of services for women and adolescents, from routine well-woman exams and prenatal care, to the latest in minimally invasive gynecological surgical procedures. Johns Hopkins All Children’s Obstetrics and Gynecology Specialists form a dedicated team of board-certified OB-GYNs and nurse-midwives that focus on the individual needs of women, creating personalized care plans, in a warm and caring environment.
Highlights of Our Program
Our program services include:
- Caring and compassionate preconception counseling, including infertility evaluation and treatment
- Complete well-woman care, including annual wellness exams, in-office ultrasounds and Pap tests, as well as the latest screenings and treatment options for sexually transmitted diseases
- Counseling and support services, including help for smoking cessation, drug and alcohol abuse, anxiety, postpartum depression, stress and more, provided by a clinical social worker
- Exceptional labor and delivery services offering postpartum and neonatal care at Bayfront Baby Place (within Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital) and at St. Petersburg General Hospital
- Full-service family planning, including pregnancy prevention via oral contraceptives, intrauterine systems, progesterone-only birth control, permanent birth control and laparoscopic tubal ligation
- Prenatal care for low- and high-risk pregnancies, including in-office fetal monitoring and state-of-the-art 3-D and 4-D ultrasound
Gynecological Concerns and Treatments
We provide treatment for gynecological conditions using the most advanced tools and procedures available. Our specialists offer:
- Cervical cancer screening and treatment—We provide in-office colposcopy, a procedure similar to a Pap test that evaluates your cervix, vagina and vulva for signs of disease.
- Consultation and care for osteoporosis—A condition in which the bones become brittle and fragile from loss of tissue, osteoporosis typically occurs in post-menopausal women. We offer a variety of treatment options.
- Evaluation and treatment for urogynecological conditions—Including urinary incontinence, overactive bladder and pelvic floor disorders. We also offer urodynamics, a study designed to thoroughly evaluate bladder and urethral function.
- Management of menstrual pain and PMS—Premenstrual syndrome (PMS) is a collection of physical and emotional symptoms related to a woman's menstrual cycle. We provide diagnosis and treatment options for PMS, including medication, diet and lifestyle changes and therapy.
- Minimally invasive gynecological procedures—Including hysterectomy (uterus removal), myomectomy (fibroid removal) and oophorectomy (removal of part or all of ovaries). Minimally invasive surgery results in faster recovery times, shorter hospital stays and less scarring and pain.
- Prevention of and treatment for human papillomavirus (HPV)—A family of viruses that can cause warts on different parts of the body. HPV is a sexually transmitted disease that may affect the cervix and can sometimes lead to cancers of the cervix, vulva, vagina and anus in women.
- Uterine fibroid embolization—Fibroid tumors of the uterus can cause heavy menstrual bleeding and pain. This minimally invasive procedure shrinks noncancerous tumors by blocking off their blood supply.
Obstetrical Concerns and Treatments
Our obstetrics team provides care for pregnant women and their fetuses. With years of experience in managing a wide variety of complex maternal-fetal conditions, they work to keep both mother and fetus as healthy as possible.
We provide evaluation, monitoring and treatment when needed throughout pregnancy and through labor and delivery. Babies are delivered at Bayfront Baby Place and St. Pete General Hospital. Infants who require neonatal intensive care services after delivery are admitted to the Johns Hopkins All Children’s neonatal intensive care unit.
Our program specializes in myriad obstetrical concerns including:
- Moderate and high-risk comprehensive obstetrical care
- Twins and higher order multiple births
Certified Nurse-Midwife Services
Our certified Nurse-Midwives Program offers pre-conception and prenatal care, labor and birth management and postpartum care. Our Nurse-Midwives possess specialized training and certification in the fields of nursing and midwifery and offer a more individualized, less routine approach to childbirth. They focus on educating expectant mothers about the physical and emotional changes experienced during pregnancy, as well as maintaining proper health habits. We ensure you are an active participant in all aspects of your care.
Every pregnancy is a unique event, and we encourage you to consider your options for labor and delivery and to personalize your own birth plan. Whatever kind of birth you choose, our nurse-midwives will support you in your decision.
Questions? Give us a call
We know that you want the best possible care for you and your unborn child. Our team is happy to assist you with your questions.