The Anatomic Pathology Laboratories are responsible for the handling, processing and diagnosis of tissue specimens received from the operating room and outpatient surgery centers.
Board certified pathologists, doctoral staff and technologist provide highly specialized tissue based diagnosis in support of all specialty and sub-specialty level programs in the hospital and the community.
The anatomic pathology laboratories utilize state of the art equipment, technology and informatics available within Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital Laboratories and consultants throughout the world to provide the highest quality service for diagnosis, research and education.
Areas of Practice
- Surgical resection specimens and tissue biopsies
- Intraoperative consultation and frozen section
- Brain, nerve and muscle special studies diagnostics
- Fluid, brush and organ cytology
Histology / Histopathology Laboratory
- Processing of tissue for diagnosis
- Histochemistry and immunohistochemistry
- Education and research
- Ultrastructure for in-house and referred consultation specimens
- For Special Procedures in Electron Microscopy and specimen requirements, see the Electron Microscopy Laboratory page
- Requirements vary by test
The ANATOMIC PATHOLOGY AND THE HISTOLOGY Laboratory is certified by the College of American Pathology (License #15309-01) and by CLIA (License #10D0700790). We have participated in quality control tests/surveys administered by the College of American Pathologists and others since 1982.
||Dr. Wilfredo Chamizo M.D.
||Dr. Ignacio Gonzalez-Gomez, MD
||Dr. Hector Monforte, MD
||Dr. Johnny Nguyen, MD
|Laboratory Operations Manager:
Florida Licensed Laboratory Supervisor in Histology
|Monday - Friday:
||6 a.m. - 5 p.m.
|Weekend and holidays:
Located in the Outpatient Care Center