The Johns Hopkins All Children’s outpatient Phlebotomy Lab provides specimen collection services for our clinic and community providers.
Preparing for a blood test
Parents must have a lab order or test requisition from their physician. All paper requisitions must contain the following elements:
- Name and address (if outside of JHACH) of physician or legally authorized person ordering the test
- Patient identification utilizing at least two unique identifiers (full name and medical record number or date of birth)
- Patient sex, when appropriate
- Patient date of birth, when appropriate
- Orders for specific laboratory tests
- Time and date of collection, when appropriate
- Source of specimen, when appropriate
- Clinical information, when appropriate
- Medical necessity (ICD-10 codes) – required
- All unclear, vague or illegible orders will be clarified with the ordering provider before acceptance.
Upon arrival, please check-in at the Security counter where you will receive further instructions for registration.
We understand that children may feel frightened or anxious when they need to have a blood test.
To help your child feel more comfortable while here at Johns Hopkins All Children's, please bring a favorite belonging to the clinic, or an item from home that is part of their daily routine.
Outpatient Care Clinic – 2nd Floor
601 5th Street South
Saint Petersburg, Florida 33701
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday
7:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.