A weekly class that helps children with language delays learn to communicate effectively.
In our preschool language class, we work to help equip preschool-age children who have language delays with the tools they need to communicate effectively with caregivers and peers. We help them enhance their speech, language and social skills through activities, music, art and play.
Children attend the 90-minute class once a week, with up to eight children in each class. Our goal is to work with your child on his or her individual language goals using functional, fun activities within a social environment.
The preschool language class is for children ages 2-4 who have received a speech evaluation and have:
- Expressive language delay, which is a delay in how your child communicates, including limited vocabulary
- Mild-to-moderate receptive language delay, which is difficulty in understanding what others are saying
- No more than mild behavioral difficulties
A certified speech-language pathologist leads the class with the help of a rehabilitation aide. The class focuses on a new theme each week. Each session will include a variety of functional activities designed to target receptive language, expressive language and social skills by:
- Fostering speech sound development
- Furthering concept development
- Building readiness for structured school setting
- Learning through arts, crafts, activities and music
- Developing social skills
- Following directions
- Enhancing early literacy skills
- Building vocabulary
Parents will receive information on how to help their child’s speech and language development at home. Parents will also receive a weekly recap and feedback about their child’s progress after each class.
Your child must be evaluated by a speech-language pathologist to determine if the preschool language class is right for them.
For more information on the program or to schedule an evaluation, call us at 727-767-4141.
Medical records may be faxed to 727-767-6743.
For more information about our preschool language class, give us a call.
Request an appointment
Complete our online form and our team will reach out to you shortly to schedule an appointment.