Explore a career in health care
Medical Explorers is a program offered by Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital to young men and women in grades 10th – 12th with an interest in learning more about careers in the health care field.
Monthly Programs Include:
- Listening to doctors, nurses and other health care professionals speak about their jobs
- Doing hands on and interactive activities pertaining to the medical field
Medical Explorers meet on the third Wednesday of every month during the school year from 4-6 p.m.
Medical Explorer Requirements
- Must be in grades 10th-12th
- Grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher
- Must provide $60 dues (includes all Medical Explorers’ activities and shirt)
- Check or money order made out to ‘Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital’ (no cash)
- Dues waived with proof of free/reduced lunch program
- Must be able to commit to attending monthly meetings; missing no more than two meetings
- Parent/legal guardian permission form must be signed
How to Apply
Applications will be available here starting September 4th and will be received through September 14th at noon.
Your Application must include:
- Your completed application form
- One academic letter of recommendation
- A one-page essay*, including:
- Why you want to become a Medical Explorer
- Your personal and career goals
- Highlights of your recent achievements involving volunteer and academic experiences
*Typed with 12 point font, single-spaced, one-inch margins, and grammatically correct
What are the Application Criteria?
Please click here to review the application criteria and score sheet.
Medical Explorers Open House
Join us for the 2018-2019 program open house on September 4th at 4 p.m. in our Education & Conference Center. Students and their families will learn more about the program and also meet the staff.
If you have any questions, please contact Volunteer Resources at 727-767-4254
or [email protected]
Registration is now closed.