The Clinical and Translational Research Organization's (CTRO) Database Design and Data Management Core (D3MC) provides collaboration, consultation and services on database design and data management to investigators at Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital, the Johns Hopkins Children's Center and their collaborators.
The primary objective of the D3MC is to assist the study team in the design of data collection tools, design and build of the study database, query and report design and execution and ongoing data management assistance through the life of the study. The services of the Core are matched to the needs of each study and range from collaboration to routine service support to enhance the research efforts of the study team. The Core also collaborates with the Research Design and Analysis Core (RDAC) to provide integrated and comprehensive support for clinical research.
The services of the Core are matched to the needs of each study, and range from collaboration to routine service support to enhance the research efforts of the study team. Specific types of support include, but are not limited to:
- Data Dictionary Creation: Provide assistance with the layout of the study data fields and data collection tools, enforcing best practices and standards. Data validation will be implemented wherever applicable to ensure highest quality data input.
- Database Build: Creation of the study database and corresponding web-based case report forms (CRFs) according to the IRB-approved protocol's specifications regarding confidentiality and protected health information, with appropriate enforcement of data security through the implementation of user based accounts and permissions.
- Query and Report Builds: Creation and maintenance of any desired queries and/or reports, allowing the study team to regularly monitor the data quality through the life of the study.
- User Support and Training: Provide user training at the outset of the study and support on a continuing basis, as needed
- Database Design & Data Management Core: Database and web-based electronic case report form design and implementation for investigator- initiated studies
- Data Management and Data Quality Assurance: Collaborative relationship with the Johns Hopkins Institute for Clinical and Translational Research
For additional information about the Database Design and Data Management Core, please contact:
Stephanie Lee, MBA