We invite you to consider the rewarding careers we offer in specialty nursing. In addition to our warm and welcoming team, our CVICU nurses enjoy the benefits of working in an environment that offers cutting-edge medical, surgical and technical therapies.
Here's a snapshot of the Heart Center:
- 22-bed Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit
- 2 State-of-the-Art Cardiac OR suites and 2 Cardiac Catheterization labs
- 1 Interventional Radiology lab
- 9-bed Peri-Anesthesia Care Unit (PCU)
- Our patient population includes, neonates, children and adults with congenital heart disease.
- Advanced Therapy program includes medical and surgical patients requiring CVVH, neonatal/respiratory ECMO, cardiac ECMO, and left ventricular devices, such as the Abiomed and Berlin Heart
- Active cardiac transplantation program
- Large perinatal cardiac program where our neonates are admitted directly from the delivery room, which is located within Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital
- Dedicated advanced practice staff and clinical leadership available to all staff for ongoing evidence-based clinical guidance
Our specialized programs allow us to offer more than just a job. A progressive education program helps prepare you to care for our intensive care patients. We offer an individualized orientation period for experienced nurses. Ongoing classes and conferences open to all staff include weekly cardiac case conferences, bimonthly echocardiography conferences, on-unit in-services, and Lunch and Learn programs.
One of the highlights of working in the CVICU is the connection you will make with our colleagues and physicians. Our highly skilled multidiscilinary healthcare team includes pediatric Cardiologists, Cardiac Surgeons, Intensivists, Advanced Practice Nurses, Respiratory Therapists, Clinical Leaders, Nutritionists, Social Workers, Child Life Specialists, and Chaplains. These clinical experts pool their energy and knowledge to deliver high quality, family centered care for our patients and their families.
The CVICU at Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital offers the ideal position for the highly motivated, career-minded nurse who enjoys the challenge of a fast-paced environment. If you believe you are ready for a rewarding position in a well-respected program, please contact us to discuss the opportunities we have available.
Susan Collins, MBA, RN