Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital's government relations team frequently visits lawmakers in Tallahassee to advocate for children's health care issues. Learn more about the work they are doing and join us in providing a voice for all kids.
Speaking Up for All Kids
Voice4AllKids is the advocacy network at Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital and is an important element of Johns Hopkins All Children's mission. Advocacy simply means to speak up for and support a cause. At Voice4AllKids, we speak up for the hundreds of kids who are not able to speak for themselves.
As advocates, we have the opportunity to contact key legislators with concerns related to the health, safety and well-being of children. It's important for legislators to understand the concerns of the constituents they represent. We let them know that their decisions on issues like Medicaid reform and GME funding are important because these decisions will impact kids who rely on Johns Hopkins All Children's for care.
Why Advocate for a Children's Hospital?
Children are not just little adults, so healthcare for children needs to be customized and provided by people specially trained to care for kids. National studies show outcomes are better with pediatric-specific care.
Here are a few examples of how Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital does things differently:
- Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital's sole focus is pediatrics.
- Our well-trained staff help children feel at ease during a procedure, reducing the need for another screening.
- We use equipment specially designed for the smallest patients.
- Our pediatric heart surgeons use special instruments to perform surgery on hearts the size of a walnut.
- Our heart surgeons and pediatric cardiologists treat newborns through young adults who have a wide range of congenital heart defects-conditions adult specialists rarely encounter.
- With close to 100 of the highest-level care beds, our neonatal intensive care unit is one of the largest in the southeastern United States. Our expert NICU staff care for babies weighing as little as a pound.
- Our child life specialists are part of our multidisciplinary team that makes a children's hospital unique. Currently, we have 13 child life specialists, a music therapist and an academic coordinator. These specialists add value by maintaining play as an essential, natural part of childhood.
- Play facilitates healing, coping, mastery, self-expression, creativity, achievement and learning, all which are vital to a child's optimal growth and development.
Sign Up for our Action E-List
When you sign up for our Action E-list, you'll receive alerts with clear, brief background information and ways that you can help. You can choose to receive alerts by email or fax. There is no charge to participate, nor will your email address be shared with anyone.
We'll give you all the tools you need to take quick action, such as sample letters, phone scripts and contact information. In a matter of minutes, you'll be able to raise your Voice4AllKids.
How TO GET INVOLVED >> Follow Us on Twitter >>