Parents or guardians are welcome to visit with their children at any time. They will be given blue badges upon arrival to give them 24/7 access to their child's floor and room. All other visitors need to get a daily visitor pass from the Information Desk in the main hospital lobby, or at the Visitor's Desk in the Outpatient Care Center. Visitors are welcome anytime between 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. on most floors of the hospital. There may be scenarios that override open visitation for parents or guardians and restrict visitation at the bedside.
Visiting hours can vary depending upon which unit is being visited. Please ask about specific hours and restrictions in the unit where the child is staying. However, these rules generally apply:
- Visitation Hours: 7 a.m.-9 p.m.
- NICU Admission Area: Parent visitation hours are restrcited at shift change when bedside reporting is done (7-8 a.m.; 7-8 p.m.)
- Visitation hours may differ from the standard based on circumstances and scenarios.
- Any child under 18 must be supervised by an adult.
- Please ask the bedside nurse in the unit about sibling visits. You may be required to provide proof of immunizations before child siblings are permitted to visit.
- If you have a cold, fever or any signs of a contagious illness, please do not visit.
- Aside from parents/guardians, please limit guests to two at a time in the room.
- Please be respectful when using your cell phone. Please turn off your cell phone in designated areas, or when requested.
- Johns Hopkins All Children's is a smoke-free campus. For the safety and health of our patients, families, staff and visitors, smoking is prohibited on our property. This includes buildings, parking lots and garages.
How to Get Here and Where to Park:
Detailed maps and directions to the hospital are available in the Maps and Locations section. Valet parking is available for a fee at the front entrance of the hospital.
After 9 p.m., parents with blue badges may park on the second-level of the garage. To access the hospital from the second level of the garage, you must enter the Outpatient Care Center and then cross the sky bridge that leads into the main hospital. The visitor elevators are located on the left-hand side.
For any safety or security issues or to ask for a ride from our security van service, please call Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital Security at ext. 73300, or 727-767-3300. It’s a good idea to request a ride after dark. Our Security vehicles have safety belts and child restraint seats. Please use them when riding in the van.
Maps and Locations
Important Information for Patients
Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital does not discriminate against individuals because of race, creed, national origin, sex, age, veteran status, marital status, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or physical or mental disability.
Johns Hopkins All Children's believes its patients and their families should be well-informed. For questions about this content, please contact our Compliance Liaison and Privacy Officer in writing or by telephone at:
Compliance Liaison/Privacy Officer
Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital
501 6th Avenue South
St. Petersburg, FL 33701
727-767-4348 or 800-456-4543 x74348