Recognized as a Top 50 Children’s Neurology & Neurosurgery Program by U.S. News & World Report 2018-2019
If your family faces neurological challenges or disorders, you want a partner in designing a plan that addresses your child’s needs. Our team offers the full spectrum of neurological services. Whether your child experiences headaches, seizures or developmental challenges, our team of pediatric neurology specialists can help develop a plan that is right for your child’s care.
What you can expect
We will treat your child and your family as part of our own. We understand this can be a very difficult and scary time for the entire family. From your child’s initial diagnosis through long-term follow-up care, we pledge to provide compassionate, comprehensive support to the entire family. We offer:
- A talented team of doctors, including board-certified pediatric neurologists, neurosurgeons, epilepsy specialists, psychiatrists, developmental medicine specialists, concussion specialists and more, all at one convenient location
- State-of-the-art technology, including minimally invasive robotic-assisted stereotactic electroencephalogram (EEG) to identify the source of seizures in children with epilepsy and robotic epilepsy monitoring
- Botox injection therapy to reduce spasticity (tight, stiff muscles that make movement difficult or uncontrollable) and headaches in children with certain medical conditions
- Our ketegenic clinic is staffed with an experienced epileptologist and dietician to provide guidance and education to patients and their families dealing with refractory seizures
Conditions we treat include
- Epilepsy Care, including both surgical and nonsurgical options
- New Onset Seizures
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Sleep Medicine
- Movement Disorders
The pediatric neurology program also draws upon the valuable expertise of Johns Hopkins All Children’s pediatric radiology and diagnostic imaging services, including MRI and neuroradiology.
As members of the Johns Hopkins All Children’s Institute for Brain Protection Sciences, the pediatric neurologists work closely with the pediatric neurosurgeons and neuroimaging, neuro-oncology and neuropathology specialists.
Getting ready for your child’s appointment:
Before we schedule your child’s appointment, we will ask you to help us obtain your previous evaluations, including written records, MRIs of the brain and EEG studies (usually on disks).
Our evaluation includes an initial appointment where a member of the IBPS team will examine the child and go over your child's history. They will then personally review the MRI of the brain and EEGs provided and decide if further evaluation is necessary.
Generally further evaluations can be performed at Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital.
Depending on the reason for your child’s visit, if your child has not had an EEG prior, we may coordinate your first appointment to have an EEG performed before your visit with the neurologist.
Give us a call
We know that you want the best possible care for your child. Our team is happy to assist you with your questions.
Send us an email
We're ready to work with you to explain your options and discuss the best treatment plan for your child.