How to Schedule an Appointment
All new patients will be required to complete new-patient paperwork, which will be provided by mail or email. We must receive a complete set of medical records at least two weeks before the first scheduled appointment to give the doctor sufficient time to review all medical history. This will help you get the most comprehensive care at your first appointment.
To schedule an appointment, please call 727-767-8181 with a referral from your former provider or current provider who is concerned about mitochondrial disease.
For New Patients
New Patient Medical History Form
Medical Records and Reports Checklist
Letters from the past five years of evaluations, including:
- Neurological evaluations
- Genetic evaluations and genetic testing results
- Ophthalmologic evaluations and audiological evaluations
- Cardiology evaluations, including echocardiogram and electrocardiogram (EKG)
- Gastrointestinal evaluations, including biopsy reports
- Other specialist evaluations
Copies of images (digital copies on CD preferred) and written reports of previous imaging studies, including:
- Brain MRI and/or MRS (spectroscopy)
Reports of biochemical studies on blood or urine performed in the last two years, including:
- Other routine blood and/or urine studies
Reports of prior tissue studies, including:
- Muscle biopsy analyses
- Skin biopsy analyses
- Liver biopsy analyses
Mail or fax medical records as follows:
Attention to Dr. H. Jayakody
All Children's Hospital
Mitochondrial Disease Clinic
601, 5th Street South
St Petersburg, FL 33701
Meet the Team
Himali Renka Jayakody, M.D.
Steven Parrish Winesett, M.D.
Melissa L. Crenshaw, M.D.
Jamie Andrew Decker, M.D.
Neurology fax: 727-767-2590