The Brachial Plexus Clinic at Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital provides comprehensive care for children with all types of brachial plexus and peripheral nerve injuries. Early intervention can reduce or prevent long term effects. If surgery is needed, an early assessment can lead to better outcomes.
Members of the brachial plexus team include specialists in:
- Orthopedic surgery
- Plastic surgery
- Physical and occupational therapy
At Johns Hopkins All Children’s, our collaborative team of specialists work together to provide the best care to your child. The care team includes:
What To Expect >>
- Dr. Dennis Hart, a pediatric rehabilitation physician, will perform the initial evaluation of your child’s functional abilities and muscle tone. Dr. Hart will coordinate with the occupational and physical therapists and surgeons to ensure your child is receiving a comprehensive therapy and surgical plan to achieve the best outcomes.
- Dr. Gerald Tuite, a pediatric neurosurgeon has specialized training in surgery on the nerves of the hand and upper extremity.
- Dr. Lee Phillips, a pediatric orthopedic surgeon, specializes in hand surgery.
- Pediatric Plastic Surgery
- Pediatric Radiology
- Occupational and Physical Therapists
Referrals are required from a primary care physician or other specialist. If you already have a referral, please call 727-767-8590.