Five pediatric orthopaedic surgeons with Children's Orthopaedic and Scoliosis Surgery Associates, LLP play a key role in the AllSports Medicine program. The surgical team understands the demands that sports place on young athletes and the importance of age-appropriate care. AllSports Medicine surgical director Drew E. Warnick, M.D. is fellowship-trained in pediatric and adolescent sports medicine. He completed his fellowship at the Scottish Rite Hospital for Children in Atlanta. He is trained in cutting-edge techniques in sports surgery for children and adolescents. This provides focused expertise to maximize recovery in young athletes who sustain injuries. AllSports Medicine Orthopedic surgeon Paul Benfanti, M.D. also treats our athletes and takes a special interest in sports medicine and hip preservation.
Orthopaedic sports medicine services include:
- Comprehensive diagnosis and treatment of all athletic injuries in children, adolescents and young adults
- Arthroscopic and minimally invasive surgical techniques for the hip, knee, ankle, shoulder and elbow
- Extensive experience in the treatment of all fractures sustained during athletic activity
- Age-appropriate and injury-specific rehabilitation protocols designed to help athletes return to sports participation in a timely manner
- For emergent injuries, our surgeons provide 24-hour, seven-days-a-week Emergency room coverage at All Children's Hospital - the only hospital in the Tampa Bay area to have an emergency room continuously covered by fellowship trained pediatric orthopaedic surgeons