Our team exclusively treats children for sleep problems and develops a treatment plan specifically for you.
Our Sleep Center has been specializing in pediatric sleep studies since 1980. We are the only full service, multidisciplinary children's hospital in West Central Florida that is accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine, the national accrediting body for sleep disorders centers. The accreditation recognizes high standards in core areas including personnel, facility and equipment, policies and procedures, data acquisition, patient care and quality assurance.
Conditions We Treat
- Sleep-disordered breathing such as obstructive apnea, snoring and central sleep apnea
- Behavioral problems such as bedtime struggles and night awakenings
- Parasomnias such as sleep walking, sleep talking, sleep terrors, and nightmares
- Circadian rhythm disorders such as delayed sleep phase syndrome
- Movement disorders such as periodic limb movement disorder and head banging
- Overnight polysomnography
- Continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) and Bilevel positive airway pressure (BPAP) titration
- Positive airway pressure mask education and acclimation for PAP therapy
- Supplemental oxygen titrations
- Multiple Sleep Latency Testing (MSLT)
- Ventilation studies
Conditions We Assist With
- Chronic lung diseases
- Degenerative muscle disease with chronic respiratory failure
- Hypoventilation syndrome
- Respiratory control disorders
- Genetic disorders
Our clinical staff will assist in making recommendations about supplemental oxygen, non-invasive ventilatory support in the form of CPAP or BiPAP, and mechanical assisted ventilation during sleep.